Windsor Essex Brokerage for Personal Supports
Site: Windsor - Walker Rd
|Record #: WIN2843||Last Modified: 04 Nov 2019||Last Full Update: 04 Nov 2019|
|Toll Free Phone||1-855-377-8094|
|Primary Contact||Bill Rollo, Administrator, Windsor Essex Brokerage for Personal Supports; Phone: (Business) ext 7; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Jessica Kitchen, Administrator; Phone: ext 5|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* assist people who live with a developmental disability and their families to figure out how they want to be part of their community.
* focus is on all the possible roles we each play in our neighbourhoods - friend, employee, student, athlete, volunteer & more.
* The support that is offered is called independent facilitation. What this means is that we share in conversations that discover people's dreams, likes, ideas for the future and talk about much more.
* together we look for places in your community where the person can share their gifts and learn new things.
* Independent facilitators can mediate between the person requiring services and those offering them.
* also assistance with the formal and informal contractual agreements for services purchased when asked to help.
* Independent Facilitators work various hours and mostly when it is convenient for the person and their family.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm (or after hours by appointment)|
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 13 year(s) and up
Individuals with a Developmental Disability
|Application||* For people over 18 years of age one must be confirmed eligible through the Developmental Services Ontario Office before an Independent Facilitator can assist you in reaching your goals.
* For youth aged 13 yrs-18 yrs, time limited independent facilitation for transition from high school is available.
* For further details, please call Domenic at 519-966-8094.
|Languages||English ; We promote access to all culturally and linguistically relevant support & service and in particular, French language. Assistance provided through Brokerage will be in keeping with available resources and be based on formal partnerships with available and relevant community agents.|
|Primary Executive||Marlyn Shervill, Director, Independent Facilitator; Phone: ext 1; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Executive||Domenic D'Amore, Director, Independent Facilitator; Phone: ext 2; Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
3357 Walker Rd, Unit 2
Windsor, ON N8W 5J7
View Google Map
|Intersection||Walker Rd and Foster Ave|
|Physical Access||Partially Accessible - Parking and Entrance|
|Print Material||Information Lending Library for people and families, professionals and others|