Site: Windsor - Goyeau St
Service: Care Outreach and Prevention for Everyone (COPE)
|Record #: WIN2371||Last Modified: 17 Jul 2019||Last Full Update: 17 Jul 2019|
|Office Phone||Admin and Non-Emergency: 519-253-6573
Fire Prevention and Inspections: 519-253-3016 ext 221
Non-emergency Dispatch: 519-258-4444
Public Education: 519-253-3016 ext 280
|Text Phone||9-1-1 (please see note in description about registering for this service)|
|Primary Contact||Nancy Christ, Public Education Officer; Phone: (Business) 519-253-3016 ext 280 * (Cell) 519-999-7145|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* A multifaceted outreach project providing fire safety information and advice
* Knowledgeable fire crews will offer advice to residents on how to prevent home fires.
* They will also ensure that proper detection is in place and finally discuss the importance of escape planning should a fire break out in your home.
* A voluntary home inspection will include education and advice on Ontario Fire Code smoke alarm requirements including;
* proper installation and maintenance
* escape planning information
* advice on safe use of candles
* proper storage of matches and lighters, flammable and combustible liquid storage and electrical safety.
Free Wellness Checks
* This feature of the program is for individuals who would like to receive a friendly visit from neighbouring fire crews.
* Individuals who sign up for this program will receive a check from neighbouring fire crews on their wellbeing on a quarterly basis.
Residential Lock Boxes
* Resident homeowners can purchase a lock box to allow Windsor Fire and Rescue Services fire crews access to their home if required.
* Crews checking on the wellbeing of an individual will be able to gain entrance via the key in the lock box without causing damage to the home.
* The purpose of this program is to assist home owners in identifying potential fire hazards within their home so that they may prevent an emergency from occurring.
* This program is not designed to enforce the Ontario Fire Code or Ontario Building Code, thus it is not intended to be punitive in nature but rather proactive in preventing fires through education.
* Available on Dec 1, 2014 for Windsor residents only
* Geared for individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment
* Must register with your wireless provider first and then call 911 to finalize the set up
* More information can be found at: textwith911.ca
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Eligibility||* Resident(s) requiring Education on Fire Safety
* No Restrictions for Services
* Older Adults for the Free Wellness Checks
* Community residents for Lock Boxes
|Application||* interested in more information or to sign up for any or all of these features of the COPE program please call us at Admin and Non-Emergency phone line
* an inspection can also be requested by filling out the form via the website Click Here http://www.windsorfire.com/contact-us/#form
* Registration required for lock boxes and Free Wellness Checks
|Fees||Service - for private emergencies beyond normal fire protection (eg inspections, report requests) ; None - for non-emergency services|
|Primary Executive||Stephen Laforet, Fire Chief; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Executive||Jamie Waffle, Deputy Fire Chief; Email: email@example.com|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
815 Goyeau St
Windsor, ON N9A 1H7
|Intersection||Goyeau St and Elliott St E|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|