Site: Windsor - Walker Rd
Service: Settlement Workers in Schools
|Record #: WIN2007||Last Modified: 20 Jan 2020||Last Full Update: 20 Jan 2020|
|Office Phone||Administration 519-948-5545|
|Primary Contact||Valerie Hodgins, Manager of Community and Subsidized Programs; Phone: ext 22; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Francophone Community Centre - CCFWEK
Provide newcomers to Canada with support to improve their opportunities to become independent by enabling access to school and community information, services and resources.
1. Provide services in a supportive and culturally-sensitive and linguistically-appropriate manner.
2. Participate in the school reception and orientation process for newcomer students and their families.
3. Provide orientation sessions on programs and services available in the school and community.
4. Inform and orient families and students about settlement related issues.
5. Provide outreach services to new families.
6. Facilitate access to school activities.
7. Facilitate referrals and access to available resources in the community.
8. Enable families to advocate on their own behalf, including for the educational needs of their children.
9. Advocate on client's behalf when appropriate.
10. Facilitate constructive and culturally-sensitive communication between the school staff and the newcomer students and their families.
11. Inform and orient staff about settlement-related issues.
12. Assist the school with initiating contact with all newcomer families.
13. Provide cultural background information to the school staff as needed.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Areas Served||Chatham-Kent ; Essex County|
|Eligibility||* New immigrants and refugees
* Francophone Community
|Application||* Apply for membership
* Registration process required for programs
|Languages||English ; French|
|Primary Executive||Didier Marotte, Executive Director; Phone: ext 11; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
890 Walker Rd
Windsor, ON N8Y 2N5
|Intersection||Walker Rd and Wyandotte St E|
|Bus Routes||Crosstown 2 ; Ottawa 4|
|Physical Access||Partially Accessible - Parking and Washroom|