Site: Windsor - City Hall Sq E
Service: Investment in Affordable Housing Program for Ontario Extension - 2019 Homeownership Downpayment Assistance
|Record #: WIN1645||Last Modified: 24 May 2019||Last Full Update: 24 May 2019|
|Primary Contact||Robin Ridley, Lead Program Development Officer; Phone: ext 5470; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Donna D'Amore, Program Development Officer; Phone: ext 5349; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||10 % Homeownership Downpayment Assistance Program
* The Federal and Provincial governments partnered to fund a Homeownership Downpayment Assistance Program.
* It is estimated the program can provide assistance for a limited number of households.
* Downpayment assistance of 10% of the purchase price of an eligible home, up to a maximum of $22,520 is provided by a 20-year forgivable loan registered on title as a second mortgage
* Completed applications will be generally processed on a first come, first serve basis having regard to a fair distribution of the program funds across Windsor and Essex County.
* The program expires when program funds are depleted or Nov 29, 2019, whichever occurs first.
Applicants are not approved for any program funds solely on the basis of submitting an application.
* All applicants are cautioned not to rely on program funds to purchase a home unless and until they receive a Letter of Confirmation confirming the application has been approved for program funds.
Applications cannot be picked up at City Hall or at 400 City Hall Square East.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * excluding Holidays|
|Dates||May 27-Nov 29, 2019 (Unless funds are depleted before this date)|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Boundaries||Windsor and Essex County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
* Applicants are 18 years of age or older and are a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada)
* Applicants have a maximum foreign and Canadian annual gross household income as defined, at or below $86,600
* Applicants have a maximum foreign and Canadian household asset limit as defined, at or below $20,000. Assets do not include main form of transportation (e.g. car/van), furnishings, RRSP, RDSP and RESP
* Applicants/spouse as defined, do not currently own a home or have any form of interest in ownership of a home, but do not have to be first time home buyers
* Applicants seeking funds to offset construction costs on land they own are not eligible
* Applicants must be a renter household purchasing a home to be their sole and principal residence for the duration of the 20 year Loan Agreement
* Applicants qualify for a mortgage
* Purchase price of the home cannot be more than $225,200
* Eligible homes can be new or resale and may be detached, semi-detached, town (condo and freehold), row houses, apartments, stacked homes and duplexes
* The home can be located anywhere in Amherstburg, Essex, Kingsville, Lakeshore, LaSalle, Leamington, Pelee Island, Tecumseh and Windsor
* Life lease arrangements are not eligible
* Resale homes require a home inspection at the purchaser’s expense
* New construction home must be subject to the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act
* Home inspections are strongly recommended for newly constructed homes. Cost of the inspection at the purchaser’s expense
* The applicant(s) accepts all responsibility for and liability arising from the home inspection
* Applicants must adhere to all program criteria and timelines throughout the process.
|Application||The Program expires when funds are depleted or November 29, 2019, whichever occurs first.
* Funds have been depleted, program closed
|Languages||English ; French|
|Primary Executive||Sonia Bajaj, Administration & Development Coordinator; Phone: ext 6277; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Executive||Jolayne Susko, Adminstration & Policy Coordinator; Phone: ext 6278; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||City / Town ; Provincial ; Federal|
|Site Location||Windsor and Essex County Residents (if meet eligibility requirements)|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
Community Development and Health Services Department Business Office, Attn: Housing Services Program
400 City Hall Square E, 3rd Flr, Suite 301
Windsor, ON N9A 6L7
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Entrance and Elevator|