Site: Windsor - Ouellette Ave
Service: Vaccine Preventable Diseases and Flu Shot Clinics
|Record #: WIN1468||Last Modified: 16 May 2019||Last Full Update: 16 May 2019|
|Office Phone||519-258-2146 ext 1222|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-265-5822|
|After Hours Phone||Answering Machine|
|Primary Contact||Stacy Manzerolle, Manager, Healthy Schools|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* In Ontario, the influenza vaccine is free at community influenza clinics, walk-in medical clinics, or your family doctor.
* Participating pharmacies will be administering the flu vaccine to individuals five years of age and older.
* If the child is under 5 yrs, they can get a flu-shot at a Walk-in Medical Clinic or their family doctor or Nurse Practitioner led clinics that they are registered with.
* Flu Shots are also available through various Health Units in Ontario.
* Most Pharmacies are Registered to Administer Flu Shots in Windsor and Essex County (Call ahead)
Windsor Essex County Health Unit - Vaccine Information and Distribution
* Provides information on vaccines and distributes them throughout the community
* ensures the safe storing and handling of vaccines
* Holds various Flu-Shot Clinics in Windsor and Essex Locations Click on the link and Scroll to bottom of page for dates and locations of WECHU Flu Shot Clinics
WECHU: Immunizations for School Ages Children (Public Funded Vaccines)
* Maintains immunization records of school aged children (see eligibility)
* follow-up and immunization clinics for students
* Health Unit offers immunization clinics to school aged children at both the Windsor and Leamington offices by appointment.
* These clinics are free and a health card is not required.
* It is mandatory in Ontario to have School Children immunized
* For a Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief form refusing immunization for a child (Contact your Local Public Health Unit)
The Immunization Connect Ontario (or ICON) link
* is a provincial online immunization reporting system
* It gives people better and easier access to get their records if a record exists.
* The local health unit has records dating back to the mid 1970s
* it is up to the individual to notify the health unit of any shots received. (It doesn't come straight from the physician)
* People can access it with a Health Card number or an immunization identification number and a PIN.
* The service also allows someone to see when an immunization or booster is due.
Click Here for Further Details
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||* Flu Clinics are for Ontario residents and people who work or go to school in Ontario only.
* You must show ID at the clinics, and children must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
* Children (6 months to 5 yrs) old must get their flu shot at a health care provider's office or a Local Public Health Unit.
* Health Unit offers immunization clinics to school aged children(4 yrs-18 yrs) at both the Windsor and Leamington offices by appointment. These clinics are free and a health card is not required.
* Participating pharmacies will be administering the flu vaccine to individuals 5 years of age and older Only
|Application||WECHU Immunization Clinics* by appointment only (Walk-in or Call to make an appointment)
How to register your child’s immunization record with the Health Unit
* Online registration.
* Send a fax: 519-258-7288
* Call at: 519-258-2146 ext 1222
* Bring your child's records to our Windsor or Leamington offices.
(A parent/caregiver must contact their local health unit if they wish to have their child's immunization records filed with them).
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - Limited translation upon request|
|Primary Executive||Theresa Marentette, Acting CEO|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1005 Ouellette Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8
View Google Map
|Intersection||Ouellette Ave and Erie St|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1C ; Central 3 ; Ottawa 4 ; Dougall 6|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|