|Record #: WIN1212||Last Modified: 12 Nov 2019||Last Full Update: 12 Nov 2019|
|Office Phone||519-258-2146 ext 1350|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-265-5822 ext. 1350|
|Primary Contact||Debbie Silvester, Manager, Healthy Families|
|Alternate Contact||Amanda Ellard-Ryall, Manager, Healthy Families|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Healthy Families provides a wide variety of programs and services to support families who are either pregnant or have children birth to school entry.
Healthy Babies Healthy Children (HBHC)
* A free home visiting program for expectant parents and families with children up to the age of six.
* The Healthy Babies Healthy Children public health nurses and family home visitors provide health information on healthy eating, pregnancy, breastfeeding and attachment, infant care, child development, safety and parenting, and help people connect to community supports and resources.
* Social Worker provides support and counselling on socio-economic conditions especially those related to housing and financial resources and planning, immigration and settlement, employment and educational attainment.
Breastfeeding Support Services
Breastfeeding education, telephone support, and in-person support from the prenatal period until weaning are provided by our public health nurses and lactation consultants.
* Access to a Breastfeeding Helpline Services
E-Learning Prenatal Program and Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes
* The Health Unit provides free prenatal classes on-line.
* The e-learning program is designed to help women and their partners or support persons prepare for labour, childbirth, and caring for their baby.
* The program includes illustrations, videos, audio with text, and quizzes.
* The health unit also offers a Prenatal Breastfeeding class.
|Hours||Mon-Fri: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
* Satellite Office in Leamington (call for details)
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||Ages: 6 year(s) and under
Information available to:
* parents and caregivers of children birth to 6 years
* child care providers
* social service providers
* health care providers
|Application||* Registration required * call for details|
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - Limited translation upon request|
|Primary Executive||Theresa Marentette, CEO, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1005 Ouellette Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8
View Google Map
|Intersection||Ouellette Ave and Erie St|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Central 3 ; Ottawa 4 ; Dougall 6|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|