Site: Windsor - Ouellette Ave
Service: Health Inspections - Lack of Heat in Rental Unit Complaints
|Record #: WIN1056||Last Modified: 03 Mar 2020||Last Full Update: 03 Mar 2020|
|Office Phone||519-258-2146 ext 4475|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-265-5822|
|Primary Contact||Philip Wong, Manager, Environmental Health Department, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Lack of Heat in Rental Unit
* The City of Windsor By-law #195-2011 requires all rented or leased dwellings to provide heat between September 15 and June 15. The minimum temperature of the dwelling must be 70°F or 21°C.
Click Here to view By-Law #195-2011
What to do if there is no heat in a residential rental unit?
* Contact the landlord and ask for the heat to be fixed immediately. Keep records of how many attempts to contact the landlord.
* If the building has six or more units, call 311 to put in a complaint to be forwarded to the City of Windsor By-Law - the health unit does not enforce municipal by-laws
* If the building that has five or less units, call the Health Unit - The inspector may make a site visit and formally notify the landlord of contravention to the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 and document their observations. The tenant can submit an MFIPPA to the health unit to request a copy of the report for the Landlord and Tenant Board.
Click Here for Landlord and Tenant Board Contact information
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||* No restrictions
* Other services are mandated under Health Promotion and Protection Act for Windsor-Essex County organizations
|Application||* Call for details
* Contact form is available via the website link
|Languages||English ; Limited translation upon request|
|Primary Executive||Theresa Marentette, CEO, CNO | Administration, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit|
|Alternate Executive||Dr Wajid Ahmed, Medical Officer of Health | Administration, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Windsor ; Regional / Municipal - County of Essex ; Provincial - Ministry of Health and Long Term Care|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1005 Ouellette Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Ouellette Ave and Erie St|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Central 3 ; Ottawa 4 ; Dougall 6|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp, Entrance and Elevator|