Italian Canadian Handicapable Association
Site: Windsor - Carmichael Dr
Service: ICHA Outreach Program
|Record #: WIN0800||Last Modified: 10 Sep 2019||Last Full Update: 10 Sep 2019|
|Primary Contact||Loris Sanson, President, ICHA|
|Alternate Contact||Christina Gatti, Program Co-ordinator, ICHA|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* will assist the social and voting members in navigating through the complicated web of paperwork and bureaucracy required to obtain much needed resources and supports for individuals with disabilities.
* Social Worker will be available for confidential, private counseling sessions (call to schedule an appointment with Social Worker)
Finding answers to the following questions and others, is what the Italian Canadian HandiCapable Association (ICHA) hopes to offer their membership:
* What resources and services are available for individuals with disabilities?
* Where do I go to apply for funding for social and medical assistance?
* What is a brokerage firm? How do I arrange a meeting with them?
* What is Passport and why should I get on the list?
* Should I be looking into Registered Disability Savings Plans (RDSP’s)?
* Should I review a loved one’s status with ODSP?
|Hours||Admin: Mon,Tue, 8:30 am-3 pm
Counselling Sessions:Tue, 6 pm-8 pm (Appointment required)
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||Ages: 10 year(s) and up
* Persons with Physical, Intellectual or Developmental disabilities
* Members only
* New members or volunteers always welcomed.
|Application||* Application process required
* Appointment required for counseling sessions
|Languages||English ; French ; Italian|
|Fees||Membership - $25 individual; $40 family ; Program - Nominal fees may apply (Fee assistance available for participants) call to inquire ; Fee assistance available for participants ; assistance is provided by Windsor. Parks and Recreation Department - NCBS.|
|Primary Executive||Loris Sanson, President, ICHA|
|Alternate Executive||Gary Crumb, 1st Vice president, ICHA|
|Funding||Fundraising ; Donations|
|Site Location||Mic Mac Park (Novelletto Rosati Sports & Recreation Complex)|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
Novelletto Rosati Sports & Recreation Complex
3939 Carmichael Dr
Windsor, ON N9C 0C3
|Intersection||Carmichael Dr and Matchette Rd|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|
|Print Material||Material available from Program co-ordinator|