|Record #: WIN0778||Last Modified: 20 Mar 2020||Last Full Update: 14 May 2019|
|Alternate Contact||Lisa Bezaire, Intake Worker; Phone: ext 4218|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Due to the COVID-19 Virus Pandemic we are closed for new intakes. We are inviting people who require assistance
to contact us by telephone at 519-256-7831.
Existing clients will be contacted by phone and/or mail for updates on their files.
Landlord Tenant Tribunal Hearings are being adjourned automatically by the Tribunal.
We will be contact clients who have a Social Benefits Tribunal hearing scheduled.
* Community legal clinic
* offers free legal advice
* social work services
* staffed by lawyers, law students, social workers and social work students
* specializes in areas of law that are particularly important to low income clients including entitlements to public and government benefits, tenant protection, criminal injuries compensation, immigration/refugee, advocacy, counseling and crisis intervention
* information and referral, law reform, public legal education, research and community development * legal resource guide available to public
Legal Health Check Up
* an online check-up to help people who are living in poverty identify legal problems and get help
* Many people do not think of their everyday problems as being "legal problems" and do not know that they can get help.
* People living in poverty are more likely to report multiple problems such as bad health, unemployment, low income, poor housing and family breakdown.
* Community Legal Services has created this check-up to help people who are living in poverty so they can identify legal problems and get help.
Click Here for more information
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||* Must meet criteria of Legal Aid Services Amendment Act
* individuals and organizations who do not qualify for a Legal Aid Certificate but whose problem falls within financial and case-type criteria
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - other languages upon request|
|Primary Executive||Marion Overholt, Executive Director; Phone: ext 4210; Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||Provincial - Legal Aid Ontario|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
443 Ouellette Ave, 2nd Flr
Windsor, ON N9A 4J2
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||c/o Legal Assistance of Windsor|
|Physical Access||Partially Accessible - Washroom and Automatic Entrance and Elevator|