Essex Law Association
Site: Windsor - Windsor Ave
Service: Law Association
|Record #: WIN0391||Last Modified: 27 Dec 2019||Last Full Update: 27 Dec 2019|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* Professional lawyers association
* legal library open to lawyers conducting research
Need Help Finding a Lawyer Click Here
Lawyers' professional qualifications include:
* An undergraduate Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree or the equivalent
* Successful completion of the Law Society's Lawyer Licensing Process including Licensing Examinations, and Articling Program, including completion of an on-line professional responsibility and practice course.
When do you need a lawyer?
* Lawyers are licensed to provide a full range of legal services that include:
* Family matters, such as divorce, separation and child custody
* Criminal matters in all levels of court
* Civil litigation matters in all levels of court
* Wills, powers of attorney and estate matters
* Real estate matters, including buying and selling personal or commercial property
* Administrative law matters, including appearances before tribunals.
Paralegals' qualifications include:
* Completion of an approved legal services program in Ontario
* Successful completion of the Law Society's Paralegal Licensing Process, including Licensing Examinations.
* While lawyers can represent in all legal matters, paralegals are licensed to provide certain specified legal services.
You may choose to have a paralegal represent you in:
* Small claims court
* Traffic court for charges under the Provincial Offences Act
* Tribunals, such as the Landlord and Tenant Board or the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
* Minor criminal charges under the Criminal Code heard in the Ontario Court of Justice.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Application||Call about application process|
|Primary Executive||Doug Hewitt, Law Librarian and Executive Director|
|Funding||Fees - Membership ; Private - Law Society of Upper Canada|
|Elections||April; Term begins April|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
Superior Court Bldg
245 Windsor Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 1J2
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Windsor Ave and University Ave|
|Mailing Address||c/o Essex County Law Library|
|Bus Routes||Parent 14|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Ramp, Entrance and Washroom|
|Print Material||Caveat, monthly newsletter|