Service: Healthy Babies/Healthy Children Program
|Record #: SAR0554||Last Modified: 18 Oct 2019||Last Full Update: 27 Nov 2018|
|Address & Phone(s)|
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-220-2262|
|Areas Served||Aamjiwnaang First Nation|
|Site Location||Aamjiwnaang First Nation|
|Located In Community||Sarnia|
|Address & Map||
1300 Tashmoo Ave
Sarnia, ON N7T 8E5
View Google Map
|Intersection||Tashmoo Ave and Lasalle|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, entrance, washrooms|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||The Healthy Babies Healthy Children Program works with families to promote the development of the child and find ways to deal with the challenges parents face by sharing ideas and giving support.
* Home Visiting Program uses a family centered model that ensures pregnant women and families with children up to 6 years old on Aamjiwnaang First Nation have access to supports that reflect their values, priorities, strengths, and preferences.
* Breastfeeding Buddies is a Mom-to-Mom Breastfeeding support Program. Trained volunteers are matched with breastfeeding moms.
* Head Start Drop-In focuses on parent and child interactions for children up to the age of 6 years old (older siblings are welcome to join).
* New Parents group is for expectant parents and parents with children 0-6 months old. Topics are related to new parents to be and parents with newborns. Topics may include: Prenatal Classes, Breastfeeding, Making Moss Bags; Memory Bears; Infant Massage, Baby Moccasins, Baby Food Making, etc.
* The fathers group has activities for fathers, grandfathers and male caregivers with children up to 6 years old. Topics vary. Activities usually include the children.
* Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder supports - The Health Centre partners with Union of Ontario Indians and Southwest Ontario Aboriginal Health Access Centre to provide FASD resources. Supports are available for pregnant women dealing with addictions to alcohol and/or drugs or have a child with FASD
|Hours||Office Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * Hours for specific programs offered vary - call for more information|
|Eligibility||Must have Status * Band Member or spouse of|
|Application||Application process required * call to inquire * appointments required|
|Social Media||Facebook: www.facebook.com/aamjiwnaanghealthcentre|
|Primary Contact||Malynda Maness-Henry, Health Babies Health Children Coordinator|
|Alternate Contact||Dorothy Gilbert, Receptionist|
|Primary Executive||Sara Plain, Director of Health Services|