Lambton (County of). Social Planning & Children's Services Department
Site: Sarnia - Christina St N
|Record #: LAM1766||Last Modified: 23 Aug 2018||Last Full Update: 26 Jul 2018|
|Address & Phone(s)|
|Office Phone||519-344-2057, ext. 2173|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-387-2882|
|Areas Served||Lambton County|
|Located In Community||Sarnia|
|Address & Map||
150 Christina St N, 2nd Flr
Sarnia, ON N7T 8H3
|Intersection||George St and Christina St N|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking (in garage or street), Entrance, Braille keypad in elevator, Washroom|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||Social Planning & Children's Services focuses on these areas:
- Social Planning examines the community's needs, based on demographics and social trends, and recommends action plans to address these needs.
- Program support includes the overall administration of the Lambton Shared Services Centre (LSSC), a facility within Bayside Centre.
-The Department also oversees the Circles initiative, a hands-on community strategy that helps hard working people transition out of poverty.
- Staff focusing on compliance ensure program integrity of Ontario Works and evaluate community based programs funded by the County of Lambton.
- The Department operates a child care subsidy program that helps parents/foster parents/legal guardians with the cost of licensed child care of a child 0-12 years of age.
- Best Start is a community initiative that brings local government, school boards, and community agencies serving families with children 0 to 6 years of age together with parents to plan and deliver enhanced early learning and child care services.
- The County of Lambton Social Planning and Program Support Department assists with the creation and maintenance of strategic direction within the Social Services Division and the Sarnia-Lambton community as it relates to issues and initiatives that affect Lambton County's social programs and services.
- Sarnia-Lambton Local Immigration Partnership (LIP). Developing sustainable solutions for the attraction, retention and social inclusion of Newcomers to Sarnia-Lambton
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * closed all statutory holidays|
|Application||Applications vary depending on services needed|
|Languages||English ; French ; Spanish|
|Fees||Service - There may be fees depending on the services required|
|Bus Routes||Route 2 - Devine ; Route 3 - Wellington ; Route 10 - S. Vidal ; Route 11 - Davis ; Route 12 - Point Edward|
|Primary Contact||Mr Doug Ball, Manager. Social Planning & Children Services Department|