Ontario. Ministry of the Attorney General

Site: Sarnia

Service: Victim/Witness Assistance Program

Address & Phone(s)
Office Phone 519-337-1766
Toll Free Phone 1-866-383-7770
Fax 519-337-3620
Areas Served Lambton County
Located In Community Sarnia
Address & Map
700 Christina St N, B101
Sarnia, ON N7V 3C2
Intersection Christina St N and Errol Rd W
Physical Access Fully Accessible - Parking, Entrance, and Washroom
Description & Services
Description (Service) Information and assistance to support participation in the criminal court process * services begin once police have laid charges and continue until the court case is over * case-specific information (court dates, bail conditions) * court preparation * needs assessment * emotional support * crisis intervention * referrals to community agencies  
Vulnerable Victims and Family Fund -- financial and court-based supports to enable victims of crime and families of homicide victims to attend court * travel arrangements and expenses * language interpretation * real-time captioning or other equipment for victims with disabilities
Hours Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5 pm
Eligibility Victims and witnesses of intimate partner abuse/domestic violence, child physical and sexual abuse, sexual assault (including historical sexual assault and human trafficking) * families of homicide victims, families of motor vehicle fatalities * elderly victims, victims with disabilities, victims of hate crime
Application Referral by police, Crown Attorney, community agency, or self-referral
Languages English
Fees None
Bus Routes Route 12 - Point Edward
Contact Information
E-Mail sarniavwap@ontario.ca
Website www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/ovss/programs.php#vwap
Primary Contact Debbie Nutson, Manager

Please keep in mind that phone numbers and addresses tend to change frequently. Information Sarnia-Lambton is making every effort to maintain the most up-to-date information possible on community, government, health and human service programs. You can help! Select the appropriate item: report concerns/problems with the site or a listing, suggest a new listing or submit changes directly from the database (find record in database, select "Suggest An Update", complete form, then Submit)