Site: Lakeshore Detachment
Service: Lakeshore Community Policing Committee
|Record #: BLR0145||Last Modified: 12 Mar 2020||Last Full Update: 27 May 2019|
|Toll Free Phone||Ontario-wide 1-888-310-1122|
|Text Phone||9-1-1 (please see note in description about registering for this service)|
|Primary Contact||Jacquie Winand-Bacon, Community Safety Officer, Lakeshore Policing Committee, Lakeshore OPP; Phone: (Business) 519-728-1810; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Phil Hernandez, President|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* Develop, assist and communicate community policing activities
* evaluate community policing programs
* develop a research base to strategize and manage community policing programs
* membership consists of persons with an interest in safety and security of Lakeshore residents
Text with 9-1-1 Service
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is now pleased to offer Text with 9-1-1 (T9-1-1) service to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired.
What is T9-1-1?
T9-1-1 is a new service that enables individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired (DHHSI) to communicate with 9-1-1 operators via text message (SMS) during an emergency.
How does T9-1-1 work?
* Register your cell phone for T9-1-1 with your wireless carrier. A list of carriers is available at http://textwith911.ca/wirelessservice-providers
* In an emergency, dial 9-1-1 as if making a voice call. Do not send a text message directly.
* Communicate with the 9-1-1 operator via text message and provide all relevant information, including your name, location and the emergency assistance required.
Will T9-1-1 work everywhere in Ontario?
* T9-1-1 service is only offered by some emergency services in Ontario, but the list is expected to grow. Visit http://textwith911.ca/service-availability to find out if T9-1-1 is available in your area.
Where can I find more information?
A range of useful information is available online at http://textwith911.ca
|Hours||vary * call for details|
|Meetings||Second Mon of the month * Call for time|
|Areas Served||Belle River ; Lakeshore|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
|Application||Call for information|
|Primary Executive||Phil Hernandez, Chairperson, Lakeshore Community Policing Committee; Phone: 519-728-1810; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Executive||Jeff Lambing, Lakeshore Community Policing Committee; Phone: 519-728-1810; Email: JLambing@JDLTech.ca|
|Located In Community||Belle River|
|Address & Map||
775 Notre Dame St
Belle River, ON N0R 1A0
View Google Map
|Intersection||Diesbourg Blvd and Hwy 22|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|